The winner of the Photography News Innovation Award 2018, British LED lighting manufacturer, Rotolight, will bring their world class products to the 2018 #NABShow Booth C2949 (RTS Inc). Rotolight launched the first ever LED lighting innovation that is geared for professionals on the move! Whether you are a photographer or a videographer, the NEO 2 LED will be your lighting tool of choice. Featuring Accu-Colour Technology, the NEO 2 will accurately ensure that optimal color rendering is achieved by the rated CRI of 96 and TLCI of 91. The internal variable color temperature of 3150–6300K, means that it can be quickly and easily balanced to ambient light whether it is tungsten or natural daylight. Other features include True Aperture Dimming to help calculate exposure information, and CineSFX mode to automatically program certain looks for use in a scene, including the mimicking of police or fire light effects.
“NEO 2 delivers unrivaled versatility and creative options for photographers and videographers alike, and with no recycle time, it ensures users never miss a shot, making it the perfect light choice for today’s modern high-frame-rate-capable cameras. We are honored to have been recognized for this innovation, particularly as this was voted for by thousands of photographers all over the world, who now use NEO 2 as an integral part of their workflow” says Rod Gammons, Chairman of Rotolight.
The NEO 2 is designed to be portable with multiple power options. The unit can run on six AA batteries, a D-Tap connection for DC power, or a bundled AC adapter. The unit easily mounts via three 1/4″-20 threaded mounted screws and also includes a shoe mount adapter for its work as an on-camera light.
NEO 2 is also packed full of Rotolight’s signature industry-first, patented features including:
- Both continuous and flash modes are available so users can quickly switch between video and stills shooting without needing to change out the lights.
- The built-in 2.4 GHz Elinchrom Skyport Receiver makes it possible to use the NEO 2 as a remote flash with high-speed sync support up to 1/8000 second. This requires the use of an optional Elinchrom Skyport Transmitter, and allows for remote control over the NEO 2 from up to 656′ away. Users can also sync using a wired PC sync or 3.5mm connection.
- Accu-Colour Technology ensures high-quality color rendering with a rated CRI of 96, with an R15 of 99 and a rated TLCI of 91. It also helps ensure maximum accuracy throughout the adjustable color temperature range of 3150–6300K. The LEDs used are also flicker-free and have a lifespan of about 100,000 hours.
- Overall output is rated at about 85% greater than its predecessor.
- The flash mode provides about 500% more light output when connected to a mains power source, or 250% when running on AA batteries.
- Local dimming and controls are made possible through a rear display and two dials/buttons on the rear of the fixture.
- True Aperture Dimming uses shutter speed and ISO information, as well as distance data, to calculate the proper aperture for your shot. It improves speed and use, and helps shooters quickly get the appropriate power settings for their subject.
- Designer Fade mode allows users to program fade-up and fade-down effects, including the ability to set the duration.
- Cinematographic Special FX, or CineSFX, features a variety of different settings and mode to create ambiance in your scene. This includes options for strobe, lightning, throb, color cycle, fire, police, television, and more.
- No recycle time or power loss is evident when using the NEO 2, making it a suitable option for high frame rates.
- For power, users have the options of six AA NiMH or Li-ion batteries, DC power over the D-Tap connection, or AC power from the included adapter. When running on batteries, the NEO 2 can run for 85,000 full-power flashes, or 1.5 hours of continuous lighting.
- The NEO 2 can be mounted easily using the three 1/4″-20 tripod threads located around the edge of the light. A shoe mount adapter is included as well for using the NEO 2 as an on-camera light.
- A filter kit is included which features a 216 Full Diffuser, 250 Medium Diffuser, 184 Cosmetic Peach, and a 279 1/8 Magenta for creating unique or more flattering light for your subject.
Rotolight is a pioneering British technology company, specializing in creating award winning LED lighting products for photographers and filmmakers. Known for constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation, Rotolight strives to create products that provide unique tools to image makers, allowing them to realise their creative vision and aspirations. Leading where others follow, Rotolight has developed countless industry first features and has been widely recognized with numerous global awards and accolades for its innovation, technical excellence and product quality. As a family business, Rotolight has a unique long-term outlook allowing it to focus on continually investing to deliver outstanding quality products, and a totally unique customer experience. Visit www.rotolight.com
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 7th-12th, 2018 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest electronic media show covering the creation, management and delivery of content across all platforms. With 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, 2018 #NABShow is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.
Broadcast Beat is the Official Broadcaster of the 2018 NAB Show in Las Vegas and the Producer of NAB Show LIVE. In 2017, NAB Show LIVE received over 1.3 million online viewers and during the 2018 NAB Show, we are expected to exceed 1.5 million viewers.