Position: 3D Visualization Specialist
Company: Tesla Motors
Location: Fremont CA US
The 3D Visualization Specialist is responsible for crafting beautiful imagery of Tesla products. Primary duties will involve photo retouching, compositing and 3D CAD rendering of products and environments. An eye for composition and aesthetics is key for this position. Employee must have the skills and drive to craft masterful and visually-compelling images that show Tesla products in the best light.
This role offers the opportunity to take ownership in the development of automotive and architectural imagery, so enthusiasm for, and knowledge of both is advantageous. The ability to collaborate with a multi-functional team in a fast-paced environment is essential.
We are building real products – not presentations. This must excite you. You’ll work alongside an accomplished team of product and graphic designers on some truly impactful projects.
The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal communication skills, and have the ability to work independently. He/she must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company. Typical job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Artful image creation / 3D CAD rendering / Photo-retouching & compositing
- Photography acquisition for backgrounds and HDR imagery
- Supporting both new and legacy projects
- Bachelor degree in design, architecture, digital media, or similar. Alternatively, the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Strong artistic eye and exquisite attention to detail.
- Minimum three years’ experience with 3D CAD rendering and photo-compositing.
- Deep experience with Photoshop, and basic knowledge of either After Effects or Nuke.
- Solid experience with a tier-1 photo-realistic 3D rendering software beyond Keyshot. This could be Vray, Maya, Maxwell, Cinema 4D or equivalent.
- Receptive to learning new tools and exchanging knowledge.
- Excellent communicator, team player, resourceful, organized and mindful of time management.