Position: 9-1-1 Projects Team Intern
Company: North Central Texas Council of Governments
Location: Arlington TX US
The Projects Intern will provide general support for the 9-1-1 Projects Team with responsibilities including, but not limited to: researching technical information for special projects, documenting various process flows within the 9-1-1 Program, coordination of meetings with committees, focus groups, etc., documentation supporting special projects (i.e., meeting notes, supporting schedules, etc.), drafting correspondence both internal and external, and preparing presentations. The position will work closely with the 9-1-1 Project Administrator on coordinating or completing tasks for all 9-1-1 teams: Technology, GIS, Data, and Operations. This position will also be assigned a project related to researching and drafting security policies.
Please upload a cover letter and resume as one document when applying for this position.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- General business knowledge related to process and policy documentation
- General knowledge of computer technology operation, GIS, and database management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Photoshop
- Experience with SharePoint preferred
Currently enrolled in a 4-year university in Business Administration, Communications, Emergency Management or related major. Those currently pursuing a master’s degree preferred.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Digitial Web Editor/Writer (College Grad, Entry Level) - July 27, 2017
- Lighting Artist - July 27, 2017
- Art Director and Print Manager - July 27, 2017