Digital Technology continue to make huge strides with such a pace that it is almost impossible to keep up. Whether you are a seasoned and serious professional or a passionate amateur, many of the new digital cameras offer precision and technology never before seen in hand held cameras. So, let’s take a quick look at some of the best of the best:
Nikon D500 DSLR
- This is the next gen for Nikon as they have finally introduced a replacement for their D300 line. What many love about the camera is that Nikon has left intact many of the outstanding features from their Nikon D5 such as the 180 pixel RGB metering sensor and the 153 point AF system.
- The D500 also has a 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and an EXPEED 5 Image Processor as well as a 3.2″ 2,539k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps with a Multi-CAM 20K 153-Point AF System, a Native ISO 51200, Extend to ISO 1640000 and a 10 fps Shooting for Up to 200 Frames
- Built-In Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC, 180k-Pixel RGB Sensor and Group Area AF and In-Camera Time Lapse, Up to 9999 Frames.
Canon EOS – 1D X Mark II DSLR
- The new Canon come stacked with a DCI 4K Video at 60 fps, 8.8MP Still Grab, 61-Point High Density Reticular AF II and Native ISO 51200, expanded to ISO 409600 as well as 14 fps Shooting, 16 fps in Live View, Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF and built-In GPS, CFast & CF Card Slots.
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor, Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors and a 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX10 III
- This extremely high end point and shoot comes complete with a 3.0″ 1.228m-Dot Tilting Xtra Fine LCD, UHD 4K30 Video, Full HD 1080p at 960 fps, built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, ISO 12800 and 14 fps Continuous Shooting and an optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization.
- 20.1MP 1″ Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor, BIONZ X Image Processor, Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* f/2.4-4 Zoom Lens, 24-600mm (35mm Equivalent) and a 2.36m-Dot OLED Tru-Finder EVF.
Sigma sd Quatro Mirrorless
- This state of the art digital camera can get the right shot, with the right color every time and includes such features as Super-Fine Detail Exposure Mode, ISO 6400 and 3.8 fps Continuous Shooting, Quick Set Button; Lock Switch and Focus Peaking; Lossless Compressed Raw.
- 45MP APS-H Foveon X3 Quattro CMOS Sensor, Dual TRUE III Imaging Processing Engine, Sigma SA Lens Mount, 2.36m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder as well as a 3.0″ 1.62m-Dot Main LCD & Sub Monitor
With so many great digital cameras out there it is pretty tough to make a complete list but these should provide you with all of the technology and precision you will ever need.
Latest posts by Kevin Sawyer (see all)
- NAB Show Will Offer Special Session Taking A Look The Development Of “Games Of Thrones” - April 14, 2017
- GLOOKAST Innovation Continues To Solve The Challenges Of Today’s Broadcast And Media Productions - April 12, 2017
- Samsung Displays Screen Technology At CinemaCon That Could Make Film Projectors Obsolete - March 30, 2017