About the job
Essential Job Functions:
* Organization of folder structures, proper naming schemes, etc. of all digitalized footage kept on shared area network storage
* Digitizing, compressing & converting footage for offline editorial use.
* Logging any pertinent information in FCP.
* Creation & organization of offline projects for editors.
* Perform administrative tasks, including: maintaining the editorial calendar and other tracking documents; creating spreadsheets and presentations, and liaising with other departments.
* Help producers to revise edits for new versions.
Job Related Qualification Standards:
* 2+ Years of Professional Editorial Experience preferred
* Extensive knowledge of Premiere and AVID
* Understanding to Intermediate knowledge of Final Cut Pro 7
* Understanding of shared area network storage (ISIS/Unity/XSAN)
* Understanding of HD/SD formats, file and tape based deliveries
* Understanding of frame rates, conversions, & Codecs
* Ability to communicate successfully with others
* Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, take direction, and give direction
* Must be very detailed oriented.
* Must be prompt with the ability to respond and prioritize quickly
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening.
* Must be able to communicate at various levels, appropriate to the audience.
* Excellent multi-tasking abilities. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* The candidate must be an exceptional problem solver.
* Self-motivated and driven.
* Levelheaded, calm and functions well under stress.
* Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations.
Remarks: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concern whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.