Assistant Editor/Jr. Animator
About the job
The Assistant Editor/Jr. Animator will work closely with our Senior Editor and assist the media department in all aspects of producing media for the Festival, including editing, animating, media management, research, transcription, field and studio shoots. He/she will report to the Senior Manager of Production.
• Assist editing team to produce media for World Science Festival live events, web content, digital education, public service announcements and marketing materials.
• Animate text and graphics for Festival media.
• Obtain usage rights for media from outside sources.
• Assist Senior Media Manager with organizing media files and maintaining backup files.
• Assist on shoots, in studio & on location.
• Along with the entire video editing team will be responsible for meeting deadlines for delivery of all Festival media.
• Conduct screenings for directors and members of production staffs.
• Interface with editorial producers and editors to determine media needs.
Qualifications And Special Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Video Production, Communications, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Strong research and organizational skills.
• Able to handle multiple projects at once.
• Able to function well in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
• Background and/or strong interest in science.
• Studio and field production experience and/or live event experience a plus.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – Multicultural Development - October 19, 2017
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – NASCAR Foundation - October 19, 2017
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – Broadcasting - October 19, 2017