Position: Assistant Manager, Creative Services
Location: St. Louis MO US
The Assistant Manager, Creative Services will support our mission through the development of creative packaging solutions and artwork for our multi-branded portfolio that drives brand preference whilst aligning with global brand and product strategies and priorities to drive growth and profitability.
- Global and area team collaboration
- Brand and Marketing asset execution
- Packaging and graphics creation in line with Global direction
- Collaboration with Marketing Operations to ensure timely execution of the packaging cycle plan
- Understand and execute brand treatment, priority initiatives, and communication, with emphasis in providing support from development to execution, with heavy focus on package design.
- Responsible for timely and precise packaging design and creation from concept through final production.
- Execute brand and product assets as assigned
- Brand and product assets include but are not limited to: packaging design, product images, mockups, awareness assets such as TVC, print, digital; engagement assets such as videos; activation assets such as permanent merchandising, temporary merchandising, promotion support, other visibility assets; supporting assets such as trade frameworks, customer presentations, launch kits; etc.
- Organize assets, shepherd/traffic to stakeholders, execute asset deployment, manage timelines, and manage budget
- Manage agency partners through execution of assets, including the transfer of brand treatment knowledge
- Interact with vendor art departments and printers
- Collaborate with other design specialists, including but not limited to: industrial designers, illustrators, retouchers, photographers, etc.
- May also perform additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 4-year degree required in Visual Design, Graphic Design, Packaging Design or other related degree or equivalent combination of experience and instruction from an accredited university.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with an emphasis on FMCG/CPG package design.
- High Fluency in Adobe CS (Illustrator & Photoshop a MUST)
- Understanding of dieline creation, layout, typography, color palettes and processes.
- Knowledge of printing processes and technologies and how it affects different substrate materials.
- Creative concept skills, category/product research, brainstorming.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver on brand.
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead creative development.
- Attention to detail, organization, and great follow-up skills.
- Team player that strives to maximize team and department performance.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- CPG background preferred
- Design experience with packaging would be valuable
- Strong retouching skills a plus
- Experience with a Digital Asset Management system
- Ability to draw & stylize illustrations and fine art
- Website design and photography experience is a plus
Working Relationships & Environment
- Reports to Senior Manager, Global Creative Services.
- Key relationships internally will include Global Marketing, Brand, Product, Visibility and Licensing teams.
- Additional relationships include Area Marketing Operations and Packaging Center of Excellence. Externally with agencies and suppliers.
- Minimum Travel Requirements
- Located in St. Louis, MO
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays.