Position: Assistant Producer-Director (Media)
Company: UC San Diego
Location: San Diego CA US
Provide production and media assistance for productions and events in Atkinson Hall. for the Qualcomm Institute (QI) and Calti2. Assist in designing, purchasing and implementing systems and facilities in advanced video research, development and presentation operations. Participate as a member of the media support team, developing skills in high quality video systems operations, integration and performance.
As a member of that team, assist in the set up, maintainance, and operation of computer data and audio-video capture, storage, display, projection and AV control systems in a state-of-the-art performance and collaboration environment, including a 200 seat digital cinema theater, a 100 seat black-box performance space, an immersive visualization space, an HDTV production facility, the Spatialization Lab, art gallery and multiple smart conferencing and collaboration spaces in Atkinson Hall.
Assist users and other staff with the technical AV aspects of conferencing, webcasting and collaboration requirements for these shared facilities, with an emphasis on sound quality and perception. Provide technical AV support and basic training for general and specialized events and demonstrations. Provide operational support for events and perform other related duties as required, including some evening and weekend events. Maintain equipment operability and inventory with due care. Participate in upgrades to existing infrastructure by installing necessary equipment. Assist with supervision of part-time student crew.
- Alternate work schedule, some evening and weekend work required. Variable effort dependent on production and events.
- Demonstrated experience with video/TV production.Knowledge of high-defiinition video and audio technologies.
- Ability to determine the need to contact support resources outside the Department, including entities such as UCSD and JSOE Network Operations, JSOE Computing support, UCSD Media Services, software technical support, and repair services.
- Ability to assist in the successful interaction with these entities to effect problem resolution in a timely manner.
- The knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the
duties assigned to the position.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Demonstrated ability to read designs, drawings, and written communication and interpret them.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people; students, faculty, producers, project directors, designers, staff and the general community.
- Graduation from college with a major in instructional media or communications or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to respond appropriately to changing priorities, and to anticipate and accommodate production needs as priorities shift.
- A background check is required.