ATEME, the emerging leader in video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT, announced today that Swisscom, Switzerland’s leading telecoms company and one of its leading IT companies, has selected ATEME’s TITAN virtual encoding solution for its innovative MediaCloud project.
The project’s aim is to build one of the industry’s first IPTV virtualized video headend systems based on video transcoding to manage the numerous TV input formats. Alongside this, Swisscom wants to adapt the output video channels to meet the requirements of Swisscom’s consumers.
Transcoding Swisscom’s live TV channels with TITAN, ATEME’s virtualized and containerized transcoder enables Swisscom to enhance its MediaCloud project with virtualized, cloud-based technology, providing increased system agility at reduced costs with the following benefits:
- Lower OPEX: TITAN pure software solution simplifies integration and operations thanks to hardware abstraction and operational simplicity
- Flexible architecture: ATEME’s TITAN can run on private/public and on-/off- premises cloud infrastructure with the same benefits and value proposition
- Virtual Video Headend: TITAN is a pure software-based encoder that can run on any COTS or virtualized server, enabling customers to quickly deploy high quality live channels
“ATEME is a leader in the world of cloud-based transcoding. The team understood our needs to build an IPTV virtual video headend which offers rapid channels set up and tear down, along with providing agility to keep up with consumer demand and technology changes” said Bruno Haug, Head of TV Development, Swisscom. “Our new virtualized headend has the ability to onboard a new channel in minutes, enabling it to match consumer technology demands by rapidly adding popular new programming, offering dedicated channels for big events, upgrading channels to 4K and adding new compression standards to support the latest TV-watching device”, he added.
“We are very proud to be Swisscom’s trusted partners and support them in building a virtualized video headend to dynamically adjust channel line-ups very quickly,” said Claude Stoffel ATEME EMEA Director.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Nevion enhances Virtuoso with BISS-CA for strengthened security for live-content transport - June 21, 2018
- ATEME enables UHD TV Service for NPO: World Cup Football in High Quality UHD, Low Bitrate - June 19, 2018
- Synterra chooses Nevion solution for FIFA World Cup broadcasts in Russia - June 14, 2018