Position: Audio Engineer – Adjunct Instructor
Company: SAE Institute
Location: Chicago IL US
Located in the heart of River North neighborhood, SAE Chicago is one of the leading institutions for Creative Media Education in the Mid-West. We join over 50 other SAE Institute campuses around the world committed to educational excellence, bringing that history and experience to SAE Institute’s newest location in the United States.
SAE Institute Chicago occupies over 19,000 square feet and includes numerous studios, workstations, classrooms, and an 82-seat HD surround sound theater to create the optimal learning experience for every student.
The role of the SAE Adjunct Instructor is to present the curriculum to the student body clearly and effectively using a variety of instructional strategies to engage the students and encourage learning. Qualified candidates will have documented experience in; recording, editing and mixing sound for picture and other post audio applications; Audio Engineering for radio and TV production; Live sound fundamentals and current protocols and procedure for live events; Multimedia and emerging video game/interactive entrainment components. In addition, SAE Instructors keep office hours for academic advising and tutoring, contribute to curriculum development, and participate in campus events such as open houses and workshops.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Maintain high teaching standards and ensure a high quality student experience.
- Provide updated syllabus and daily lesson plans for courses taught.
- Maintain accurate records and provide reports of grades, attendance, and other academic data on a timely basis.
- Provide support, guidance, and tutoring for student body.
- Participate in academic and professional development initiatives.
- Contribute to the design and revision of curricula when needed
- Make continuous effort to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Assess student progress toward published course objectives and outcomes.
- Provide students with timely, regular feedback on their academic progress.
- Observe and report on the condition of the facilities and equipment;
- Use equipment and facilities responsibly and courteously.Where appropriate, assist with the routine maintenance of school equipment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and assist in SAE public relations.
- Contribute to the effective development, implementation, and observance of all academic policies and procedures.
- Participate in seminars and/ or workshops relevant to course curriculum.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Perform other occasional relevant academic duties as requested by the Department Chair, Director of Education and/or Campus Director.
- Remain in compliance with accreditation, state and federal regulations.Other relevant duties may be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Music Production, Audio Engineering, or a related field is required. Master’s Degree is preferred. NOTE: An official transcript from the highest level of education completed must be delivered directly to SAE in a sealed envelope in order to begin employment.
- Teaching experience in an audio technology environment is preferred
- Any relevant professional hardware or software certification is desired (e.g. ProTools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live) but not required.Two (2) or more years in college or continuing education instruction preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of audio recording and production processes, and techniques (e.g. recording, production, mixing, mastering, post-production, game audio.)
- Thorough knowledge of audio technology such as: Digi-Design Icon, SSL 4000, Yamaha O2R, Mackie 8 Bus, Live Audio Gear, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and third party plugins by Native Instruments, Waves, Triumph, IZotope etc.
- In addition, general knowledge and experience in media applications using Max, Max 4 Live, Adobe Suite, and FMOD.Experience.
Qualities & Abilities
- Strong portfolio of creative audio work
- Teaching, training, and educational background/experience
- Curriculum development experience
- Cross-disciplinary experience and interest
- Ability to foster a collaborative and cooperative environment among students and faculty
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing technologies & educational practices
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a creative team of peers
- Strong desire to learn and inspire other learners
- Chicago, IL
- Teaching: 2 years
- Audio Editing & Audio Engineering: 4 years
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- PROFESSIONAL OFFICE ASSISTANT - June 21, 2017
- Market Research/Financial Content Internship (work remotely and no calls!) - June 21, 2017
- Professional Color Advisor - June 21, 2017