Position: Audio Visual Manager (full-time)
Company: Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
Location: Chicago IL US
- An audio visual expert with proven experience in programming, set up, testing, and troubleshooting of AV equipment?
- A customer-focused technician who strives for excellence, accuracy, and 100% satisfaction in all you do?
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Audio Visual Manager who will be responsible for the set up and management of AV technology for all museum events, including meetings, public and private events, programs, while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. To be successful in this role, you must:
- Provide accurate and timely setup, testing, operation, and breakdown of audiovisual equipment for meetings, events, programs, and exhibition-related interpretive spaces; set up, test, operate, and maintain digital signage.
- Monitor and respond to AV-related Helpdesk emails and work order requests and troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems in real time.
- Meet with internal and external clients, as required, to understand AV needs during events, providing excellent service and striving to exceed the needs and expectations of internal and external clients.
- Supervise part-time AV staff, including scheduling and performance management.
- Train museum staff to use AV interfaces as necessary.
- Through networking, research, and engagement, stay abreast of all relevant developments and approaches in AV equipment and technology to develop solutions for projects across departments; anticipate equipment challenges and changes in a timely manner.
- Track and monitor AV budget, make recommendations on purchasing, upgrade, maintenance, and repair of audio visual equipment and digital signage.
Desired qualifications include a minimum 5+ years’ experience as an AV manager in a production environment, proficiency with Mac and Widows systems, and:
- Demonstrated advanced technical knowledge of programming, setup, testing, and troubleshooting of AV equipment and software.
- Understanding of video formats, resolutions, and playback methods.
- Understanding of acoustics and sound amplifications to support temporary and permanent equipment solutions for events and daily operations.
- Experience as a musician is helpful; customer service experience is also helpful.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical constituents.
- Well organized with excellent time management, prioritization, and follow-up skills.
This is a full time position, some extended hours required for Store and special events. General mobility throughout museum is required.
Interested? APPLY NOW!
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.