Position: Audio Visual Tech Manager
Company: Mall of America
Location: Bloomington MN US
Please visit Moajobs.com to apply.
To ensure guests to the Mall of America have a positive and safe shopping and entertainment experience. This position is accountable for providing and maintaining professional audio and visual support at Mall of America and Nickelodeon Universe. Supervise and coordinate A/V staff.
- Manage, schedule and provide training to A/V technicians.
- Set up and operation of audio, video and lighting components for MOA/Nickelodeon events throughout the mall and park, as needed.
q Familiarity with systems such as but not limited to: Allen & Heath, Yamaha, DBX, QSC, Martin, Clay Paky, Elation, Blizzard, Chauvet, ETC, Barco, Roland, Daktronics, Sony
- Operate Medialon media server and ETC ION components for lightshow
- Schedule tasks and technicians in alignment with information gathered from Events, Group Sales, Marketing and other departments requiring tech support.
- Work with clients on assessing and providing A/V tech needs.
- Maintain and repair audio equipment and conventional & intelligent lighting.
- Troubleshoot audio, video and lighting problems.
- Knowledgeable of safety requirements for rigging.
- Operate video projectors, LED video walls, TV’s in a variety of formats & configurations.
- Mixing of live and corporate audio as needed.
- Operate and maintain Nickelodeon Universe installed 70v audio system (QSYS, Gilderfluke)
- Assist with purchasing, procuring and budgeting of A/V equipment need
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
- Operate man lifts and other power equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Graduate in live audio production preferred
- 5 years previous experience in live A/V event production, with a minimum of 3 years prior supervisory experience preferred
- Understanding and proficient use of audio and lighting components, system configuration and operation. Including both digital and analog systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients regarding event audio/video/lighting needs.
- Ability to organize and schedule team duties.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to climb ladders up to 20 feet high, 15%
- Frequent stooping, crouching, 80%
- Constant reaching at or below shoulder level, 70%
- Very frequently reaching above shoulder level, 60%
- Almost constant using fine motor skills, 90%
- Frequent pushing/pulling, 75%
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds 40%
- Stand/move about –constantly, 90%
- Kneel/bend — frequently, 80%
Job Type: Full-time
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Clerk Typist 2 Department for Disability Access & Advising - April 25, 2018
- Videography Intern - April 25, 2018
- Digital Print Production / Designer - April 25, 2018