Position: Audio Visual Test, Design Engineer
Location: Mountain View CA US
In this position, you will play a key role in implementing some of the most challenging and innovative AV solutions within Google and the world. These are systems that represent areas in broadcast, custom “exhibit-style” AV, and public-facing auditoriums.
You will be a part of a team that provides innovative solutions at a scale that is atypical in the audio visual industry. This role will be responsible for documentation of commissioning tasks and verification of system performance of all products developed by the AV Eng Design team. This position will have 50% travel, which will be both domestic and international.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Set up, tune, configure and test high-end and custom audio visual spaces, and understand all the tasks that are involved.
- Work with Audio Visual Design Engineers during the design process to contribute system ideas, and to prototype the commissioning process of audio visual systems.
- Create documentation on setup and configuration of audio visual systems.
- Perform tests that validate system performance, and ensure systems are working within defined performance criteria.
- Perform formal Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing (and/or Acceptance Test Procedure) handovers with third party vendors, including management of punchlist closeout through project opening.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in commissioning technical audio visual systems.
- Experience with AV system design, system configuration, and installations in the US and abroad.
- Experience with audio visual test equipment and software, as well as experience with design tasks and system performance criteria during pilot phases of product development.
- CTS-I, CTS-D, CQD, CQT, or CCNA qualification.
- Experience with broadcast systems: setting lighting grids, audio boards, video control and switching, matrix intercom, etc.
- Experience with documentation testing for system performance.
- Experience with audio tuning software such as EASERA or SysTune.
- Deep knowledge of AV, IT, and networking hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of visual display parameters and how to configure them (i.e., color space Rec. 709 / Rec. 2020, brightness uniformity, CalMAN).
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Webmaster & Digital Designer - January 20, 2018
- Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) - January 20, 2018
- Content Production Manager - January 20, 2018