Position: AV Design Engineer
Company: Hiring Process
Location: Jersey City NJ US
Position: Multimedia Architecture Engineer / AV Design Engineer
Duration: 12 Months + Extension
Location: Jersey City, NJ
- Senior Multimedia Architecture Engineer with 15 + years of experience in AV Systems Design and Engineering as well as Broadcast Systems.
- They will need strong analytical skills, strong understanding of lighting and acoustics, and be proficient in the AV and Broadcast space.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relative experience
- 15+ years of broad range experience in AV Systems Design and Engineering having some expertise in Broadcast Systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly, written and verbal communication skills; able to interface with clients
- Meticulous and having strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple projects at once
- Resourceful and self-motivated individual, able to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Able to develop and document best practices and standard operating procedures
- Strong analytical skills; able to solve for complex technical issues
- Strong understanding of audio processing; digital signal processing
- Programming experience is a plus (AMX, Crestron, Extron)
- Solid understanding of IP networking
- Understanding of AV design principals applying based on room sizes, seating arrangements, screen size and viewing angles etc.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrate a passion for new and trending AV technology, embrace new directions and visions in the industry
- Must possess skills to create detailed signal flows; create high level conceptual drawings; proficient in Auto CAD, Visio
- Working knowledge of video conferencing components (Cisco/Polycom) and display technology (LED/DLP/LCD)
- Experience with media transport and digital routing (Evertz)
- Extensive knowledge of AV and Broadcast gear; familiar with product specifications (audio/video/network I/O)
- Understanding of multiple standards and workflows SD/HD-SDI, HDMI, MPEG, NTSC etc.
- Experience in audio mixing using digital signal processors (Polycom Sound Structure, Clear one)
- Experience with digital networking technology for audio processing (Dante/QSC Q-SYS)
- Audio Visual industry certification preferred (CTS-D)
- Must be familiar with Architectural terminology, construction materials and practices
- Demonstrate intricate understanding of acoustics and lighting to applicable applications
- Good documentation and project management skills including financial planning capabilities
- Designing and documenting proposed solutions; including BOM and diagrams
- Match AV solutions to client requirements; identify any custom development requirements.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 /hour
- AV Design: 10 years