Position: Back End Engineer – Creative Solutions
Location: Austin TX US
We’re the technical leads of a collaborative team. At Spredfast, we’re trying to solve some big problems in the social sphere and for that, we need exceptional people. That’s where you come in…
We’re looking for a Back End Engineer that cares about the user experience and overall application architecture. We’re building scalable, reusable solutions that solve complex data visualization and analysis challenges for our customers across all digital endpoints–web, mobile, television broadcasts, and in-venue at large tent-pole events. Our voice is critical in making our software best-in-class for the world’s largest brands.
- Delivery Excellence: Balance quality, timeliness, and end-user ease across all activities and audiences. Become an expert in understanding our software – our Platform, the frameworks we use, our APIs, and our SDK.
- Collaboration: Planning out projects with Project Managers, UX Designers, and other Developers. Being the point of contact on projects, interacting directly with prospects and customers, keeping all stakeholders informed while building solutions to specifications. Additionally, providing opinionated yet intelligent feedback and software design direction.
- Revenue Awareness: We don’t discount the impact our engineers have on our business. Conversely, we encourage them to understand the business model and provide technical insights that help secure and grow recurring Spredfast revenue. Be more than just the technical face of the team.
- Expert level proficiency: Ruby/Rails or Node.js
- Mid level proficiency: PHP and MySQL
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Strong communication skills and comfort speaking directly with customers. Leading conversations in an effort to understand what the customer is asking and translate their needs to actual requirements
- Nice to haves: React, Backbone, and Laravel
- Firm grasp of patterns and tools: REST APIs, AJAX, CORS, CRUD, ETL, git, Unix, and JIRA
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Madison, Wisconsin, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social ( www.spredfast.com/social-media-strategies/new-research-drive-smarter-social-strategy )” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.