Position: Clinical Quality Engineer
Company: ViewRay, Inc.
Location: Mountain View CA US
We are looking for a Clinical Quality Engineer to join our team. The clinical quality engineer would have experience in Radiation Therapy and provides clinical expertise to aid in the development and quality of Viewray’s MRIdian-Linac and will be a key member of the Quality Assurance team. This position will report to the Director Development QA. Check out our website at www.viewray.com.
- Participate with others in the Quality Assurance group to write and perform testing of the company’s products
- Work alongside the Product Management, Verification and Engineering teams in order to ensure the clinical intended use of the product have been met as part of a product release
- Lead, organize and participate in Product Validation Planning and Testing
- Provide clinical expertise as a core member of the project – undertake project work as allocated by the Manager
- Support the creation and definition of user requirements and the creation of clinical workflows
- Liaise with Technical Training, Service Documentation and Product Management to manage and assist with the production of user documentation
- Offer clinical overviews and insight to other parts of the organization as requested eg. end to end workflows, system demonstrations and clinical reviews of equipment or prototypes
- Provide relevant parts of the business with information on advances in radiotherapy by reporting on site visits, conference and user meetings, analysis of scientific literature and by maintaining regular end user contact
- Maintain a continuous professional development program (clinical or commercial), participating in training courses as agreed within the company’s appraisal process
- Deliver introductory product overviews, either as part of a project process or for induction of new employees
- Provide Clinical input in resolving customer issues when required
- Lead an Oncology Program training course for all non-clinical company employees
- Assist in the authoring of clinical notices for clinical end users as directed
- Provide input into marketing material (print, electronic, video, photo shoots)
- Give clinical perspective and advice to employees as a continuing resource
- Create and manage a library of texts and publications for the use of employees
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualifications in a relevant area or suitable background
- Qualification as a dosimetrist (CMD) and/or radiation therapist (RTT) required
- Minimum of five years’ experience with treatment planning and delivery required.
- Experience with Linac and Treatment Planning System QA desirable
- Creative, flexible, and collaborative in approach to technical problem solving
- Ability to work effectively as part of the diverse team including physicists, scientists, and engineers in a fast-paced environment and with multiple projects
- Please provide the name of any ViewRay employee referral for this position when you submit your cover letter & resume.
ViewRay provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Linac and Treatment Planning System QA: 2 years
- Treatment Planning / Delivery: 5 years
- Dosimetrist (CMD) or Radiation Therapist (RTT)