Position: Communications Manager
Company: Genesis Physicians Group
Location: Dallas TX US
Genesis Physicians Group(GPG) is the largest independent physician association (IPA) in North Texas, with more than 1,500 physicians and allied health provider members in the Dallas-Fort Worth area., GPG is a private, for-profit organization and helps provide independent physicians with the resources they need to focus on providing quality patient care. Genesis operates under the leadership of the Board of Directors of GPG Holding Company, a nonprofit organization.
Responsible for enhancing the Genesis Physicians Group brand by creating, implementing and overseeing internal and external communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization’s services. Establishes new and innovative communication methods and identifies opportunities for improvement of existing communication processes by working independently, soliciting input and direction from department managers, conducting research, and identifying best practices.
- Responsible for the creative production and management of communications through multiple channels (digital, print, web, etc.) including but not limited to newsletters, sales collateral, company website, presentations, social media, and event promotions.
- Manages the organization’s brand identity, imparting a consistent graphic style and tone for all company communications.
- Develops, maintains, and implements a company communication plan in coordination with the Senior Leadership. Proofread and revise communications from various departments.
- Coordinates Annual Meeting, including management of venue, speaker, vendors, promotion, and attendance.
- Leads public relations efforts, such as creation and delivery of press releases, pitches, and media relations content.
- Notifies staff and physicians of new initiatives and changes using appropriate channels (meetings, fax, email, video, mass mailing).
- Develops partnerships with vendors to support group purchasing program and creates and executes cobranded marketing strategies to increase awareness.
- Manages the paid content strategy with various trade publications in the Dallas area.
- Develops and maintains to departmental budget.
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner complying with all Genesis policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related field preferred.
- Proficient in desktop publishing (e.g. InDesign, Publisher); email marketing software (e.g. Constant Contact); web content management systems; MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Minimum of three (3) experience in a communications role preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Must possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Experience in the medical industry or managed care background strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Communications: 3 years
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Digitial Web Editor/Writer (College Grad, Entry Level) - July 27, 2017
- Lighting Artist - July 27, 2017
- Art Director and Print Manager - July 27, 2017