Position: Corporate Operations Engineer, Events Technology
Location: Sunnyvale CA US
As an Event Technology Corporate Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for leading or participating in temporary network designs, venue and infrastructure analysis, event network deployments, event livestream technologies, product demos and real-time event system administration.
With your technical expertise, you will work with the latest Google products (e.g., Android, Chromecast, IoT, etc.) in high density or non-typical technology deployment scenarios by implementing a variety of LAN/WLAN solutions at a networking and subsystems level. You will also work with Google product teams to develop best practices for showcasing the latest technologies at events.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Serve as an operations lead for events and provide technical support for network-related and AV integrations throughout the event life cycle.
- Manage hardware best practices including Interconnect switches and access points throughout an event venue; neat and organized cable management practices; certify and validate ISP or facility handoff of Internet connectivity circuits.
- Help improve, standardize and maintain Event Technology Team resources and processes.
- Provide technical support to both technical and non-technical end-users and presenters.
- Evaluate event space infrastructure to ensure that it complies with industry standard AV/IT best practices; including designing basic IPv4/IPv6 networks (LAN/WLAN) and author matching documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of customer-facing help desk experience with customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership experience.
- Experience with deploying and supporting desktops/laptops, AV, video conferencing and wireless devices.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (technical and non-technical) to deliver event experiences in diverse environments.
- CCNA/CWNA or 1 year of equivalent practical experience with TCP/IP networking and 802.11 technologies
- Basic technical writing and excellent communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of basic security procedures and best practices standard.
- Working knowledge of wireless network design principles.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information; deadline-oriented.