Position: Creative Design Support Engineer, Contract
Company: Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Location: San Mateo CA US
- Assist Designers and Project Managers with production issues related to software, plugins, and network infrastructure.
- Providing support across all teams (software, license, plugin).
- Act as a support liaison between end users and vendors.
- Setting up workstations and laptops for end-users.
- Troubleshoot computer issues with minimal end-user interruption.
- Create and maintain internal department documentation.
- Color calibrate monitors on a weekly to bi-weekly basis.
- Install and setup ICC profiles.
- Troubleshoot large format printer issues.
- Track and maintain large format EPSON printer supplies and medias.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a support role for creative teams, such as VFX, Animation, Game Industry, etc.
- Understand the key functionality and purpose of ICC color profiles and color working spaces with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of how to install and manage ICCs on Mac and PC computers for use in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience color calibrating monitors, documenting statuses, and establishing systems for tracking their performance.
- Experience using: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Cinema4D.
- Experience with RIP Software, EFI Fiery XF experience a plus.
- Large format proofing printer maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- Understanding of large format EPSON supplies and medias.
- Knowledge of storage servers and network configuration helpful.
- Ability to work late nights and weekends as needed.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.