Director, Associate Creative Services
About the job
WKBN-TV in Youngstown, Ohio is looking for a full-time commercial producer. If you are an organized, detail-oriented individual with outstanding creativity, this position is for you.
You’ll also get to live in a community with great food, great people and the largest city park in Ohio. If you like to get outdoors after work, check out Mill Creek MetroParks. Youngstown is also midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You can be at a Browns, Steelers, Pirates or Indians game in about an hour.
Job duties include:
• Conceptualizing and scripting commercials
• Managing workflow into and out of the production department
• Must have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Preparing time lines and action plans necessary for project completion
• Meeting and communicating with clients, AEs and agency reps for the purpose of planning commercial productions
• Provide support to sales management and staff through creative concepts along with creative elements to support sales initiatives
• Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on the benefits of television and internet marketing strategies for clients
• Establish, maintain and grow meaningful client relationships
• Hands on commercial production including videography and editing
• Provide production support for Marketing and News departments
• Manage and maintain records of all work performed by the department
• Motivated, self-starter with the enthusiasm required to work effectively on a daily basis independently and in support of the entire sales team
• Computer savvy, including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn and become proficient on in-house systems
• On-air experience a plus
Prior experience in client relations, script writing, editing, and various production hands-on field experience; setting department policies; managing budgets; recommending equipment purchases; coordinating schedules; employee supervision; expert computer skills; video camera and related equipment operation; editing; and the ability to multi-task.
Bachelor’s degree, vocational school or minimum five years related work experience.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Paid Internship – Flex Hours – E Commerce Tea Subscription Company - November 22, 2017
- TV STUDIO ENGINEER - November 20, 2017
- Manager, Digital Content Production - November 20, 2017