Position: Director of Design
Company: Udacity, Inc.
Location: Mountain View CA US
Udacity Design is looking for an inspirational Design Director that is interested in taking the reins of a strong, motivated group of designers. As a Design Director you would spearhead the evolution of the Udacity brand identity by providing oversight and guidance to the design group while also rolling up your sleeves to lead specific projects and efforts. You would represent and advocate for great design with leadership and work closely with the Sr. Design Producers to manage the overall health, well-being and career development of the design group.
As a design group, we’re looking for someone who is dynamic and fun to work with, you are a self-starter and is not afraid to share your thoughts and opinions. You find delight in innovative design experiences: you stop in the street to look at exciting designs for creative inspiration, you tell your friends about quirky new apps. You have a passion for innovation in education and online learning.
- Inspire and guide the evolution of the Udacity Design culture
- Develop and grow a cohesive aesthetic vision for the brand and products
- Lead and/or contribute to specific projects and initiatives
- Mentor and guide in career development for individual designers
- Outline and develop a focused User Research plan to support Design
- Consistently exhibit the highest standards of timeliness, accuracy, and self-management
- Productively and proactively contribute to a feedback culture that consistently strives to exceed quality objectives
- Minimum 5 years explicitly relevant experience, verifiable and demonstrable, experience leading a team of designers
- Meticulously organized and efficient, able to manage multiple concurrent projects, and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Keen sense of user flow: creating a simple experience, moving people through an experience, focusing students on key use cases, influencing user behavior
- Able to present ideas effectively to peers and to leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage up and down
- Excellent written, communication, & documentation skills
- Obsessive attention to detail and works well under pressure
- Experience with digital design applications such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop,, Invision, Zeplin, Keynote
- Fluent in modern (responsive design) web standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – Multicultural Development - October 19, 2017
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – NASCAR Foundation - October 19, 2017
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – Broadcasting - October 19, 2017