Position: Director of Hardware Engineering
Company: Bowers & Wilkins
Location: Redwood City CA US
In May 2016, Silicon Valley startup Eva Automation, led by Gideon Yu, acquired Bowers & Wilkins, the market leader in the premium audio category, used by musicians and producers in the best studios in the world, from Abbey Road to Skywalker Studios.
Together we are a new kind of company — fusing cutting-edge startup culture with an iconic brand and audio expertise — to create revolutionary yet simple home entertainment experiences. We will have much, much more to announce when the time is right about our new line of products, but we are extremely excited about what we are developing.
Come join us and be a part of a great company that has the best of both worlds!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cross-functional leadership, responsible for design execution and delivery within schedule, cost and quality objectives.
- Together with the Program Manager, collaborate with Core team members and other key stakeholders to lead product development while optimizing schedule and resource utilization.
- Lead and motivate project teams to execute all deliverables on time and without sacrificing required product attributes and quality.
- Work closely with functional managers to resolve technical challenges and facilitate cross-fuctional issue resolution when needed.
- Be an ambassador for the development process and conduct lessons-learned reviews for continuous improvement action.
- Contribute to continuous improvement on processes, tools, and metrics, proactively initiating changes when needed to ensure effectiveness. Maintain a focus on quality, predictability, scalability, repeatability, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering
10+ years of broad Product Development experience delivering technology products / solutions that include Electronics, Mechanics and Software
Demonstrated ability to lead complex technical development and multi-disciplinary teams
Excellent judgment, seasoned analytical skills, superior oral and written communication skills together with an infectious can-do attitude
Natural leadership and effective in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver results
Bowers & Wilkins Benefits :
Beautiful office in sunny Redwood city, steps away from the Caltrain station
Flexibility to occasionally work from home
Discounted premium products from B&W
Amazing and supportive team environment
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Clerk Typist 2 Department for Disability Access & Advising - April 25, 2018
- Videography Intern - April 25, 2018
- Digital Print Production / Designer - April 25, 2018