Position: Eater Video Intern
Company: Vox Media
Location: New York NY US
Vox Media’s Eater.com is seeking an extraordinarily talented intern for our video efforts working on daily content. The ideal candidate has strong writing and video editing skills, the ability to shoot video, and prior experience in video journalism, web video, documentary film, and/or broadcast news. This is an opportunity to have work published and seen on an international scale. Someone passionate about food, restaurants, and culture with a thirst for knowledge about the people and places that make it all happen. Interns will be based out of our New York City office and work two or three full days per week. This is a paid internship.
To Be Considered: Please include 3 samples of your work (written or visual, defining your role with each example.)
- Either a Junior in college heading into Senior year or a recent college graduate.
- Experience with video production and/or writing video scripts.
- Strong interest in all Vox Media brands, specifically Eater.
- An active presence on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc…
- Editing videos for our Facebook platform.
- Video script writing.
- Pitching episode ideas for our video series.
- Assisting with pre-production.
- Providing production assistance on video shoots.
- Work closely with producers, editorial, and social team members to deliver the highest quality and highest impact content possible.
- Basic editing in Adobe Premiere.
- Basic shooting with DSLR or cinemas cameras.
- Experience with writing scripts for video.
- Production experience a plus.
Eater is the source for people who care about dining and drinking in the nation’s most important food cities. With 23 city sites — each focusing on local restaurant news, maps, and guides — and national coverage including long form, reviews, news, and reported features, Eater is a favorite of industry pros and amateurs alike.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.