Company: WGBH Educational Foundation
Location: Boston MA US
The Post Production Systems Engineer is an important part of a team dedicated to the maintenance, installation, deployment and re-imagination of WGBH’s post-production technical and workflow infrastructure. The team’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining and servicing its post-production equipment and ecosystem, acting as technical problem-solvers and innovators, and investigating and testing technologies and workflows to increase the productivity and financial efficiency of the OutPost and their clients.
• Help document and execute projects under the supervision of the Post Production Systems Manager.
• Input, track and manage technical databases and resources as required.
• Manage, install, troubleshoot videotape decks and Pro Tools Audio Systems.
• Install, test and deploy Mac and Windows Operating Systems.
• IT and networking experience with Windows and Cisco products is beneficial. Experience in IT virtualization is a plus.
• Even more duties as otherwise assigned.
The candidates must be curious, technically creative and open-minded about new workflows. Attention to detail and quality is a must. Candidates will often be the face of the department with clients so strong customer service skills are vital. They should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Experience salary are commensurate to a medium-level position.
Candidates should have schedule flexibility, including nights and weekends to accommodate production demands.
A track record of performance under broadcast deadlines will be taken into consideration.
The candidate must have experience installing and supporting Avid products including Isis/Nexis, Media Composer, Interplay and Central UX; Adobe software products; and hardware integration for non-linear editing rooms. A broadcast and IT infrastructure background is required. Media Composer editing experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- The North Face: Digital Creative Services Project Manager - December 18, 2017
- Audio Engineer - December 18, 2017
- Associate Product Developer - December 18, 2017