Position: Engineer, Audio Visual
Location: San Leandro CA US
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Audio Visual Engineer will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and designing several systems used by TriNet. These include teleconferencing and video conferencing systems in conference rooms and executive offices, digital signage systems and webcasting/web conferencing applications. Additional job duties will include, acting as the primary point of contact for technical coordination for ‘All-Company’ meetings and assisting teams with light video and audio production needs.
- Learn the TriNet culture, policies and procedures, and technical trouble shooting requirements to be able to help with internal customers.
- Take the lead on projects to select and design audio and video related systems.
- Interface with vendors to negotiate the purchase of products and services.
- Configure and support conference room audio conferencing system
- Configure and support video conference systems
- Support digital signage systems, including installation and troubleshooting of hardware and software and managing publishing content created by other departments.
- Act as lead point of contact for coordinating technical requirements for large internal meetings, including working with Telecom team on telephone conferencing requirement, coordinating with other teams to provide room monitors, setting up web conferences.
- Coordinate technical requirements for video webcasts.
- Assist departments with light audio and video production needs.
- Train internal employees on the effective use of systems and equipment.
- Document processes and procedures and develop training materials.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering desired, or equivalent education and/or related work experience
Experience: Minimum 4+ years’ experience working with a variety of A/V systems, in a corporate environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work and excel in a fast paced environment
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the company.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage projects on time and keeping within budget
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity applications
- Familiarity with telephone audio conferencing systems (especially ClearOne, RevoLabs and Polycom)
- Familiarity with audio mixing equipment, wireless microphone systems
- Familiarity with room based video conferencing systems (especially Sony and Cisco)
- Familiarity with web conferencing and desktop video conferencing solutions (especially GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar)
- Familiarity with basics of video production and the use of consumer grade video desktop editing software.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Minimal travel required: 10%
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
- Overtime frequency: 5 hours/month