Position: Entry Level Electrical Engineer – Circuit Card Assembly
Company: Defense Contract Manufacturer
Location: Burlington MA US
Responsible for technical support of processes used to manufacture products.
- Evaluates customer’s documentation package for completeness and accuracy. Prepares cost estimates for products, labor and materials. Resolves technical problems encountered during production process.
- Analyzes current processes and implements process improvements to reduce costs and/or increase quality.
- Creates and maintains routings, Bills of Material, drawings, detailed assembly and inspection instructions and visual aids as required to process order. Creates tooling and fixturing to facilitate production.
- Reviews engineering packages for signoff.
- Acts as liaison and technical advisor between customer and internal departments regarding technical problems, coordinating schedule changes and material availability.
- Reviews, approves and/or develops specifications for purchases
- Incorporates customer’s change notices into manufacturing document.
- Reviews request for quotation ensuring information is complete-statement of work, quantity, special instructions.
- Evaluates scope of project and determines production labor and material requirements.
- Evaluates the estimated cost vs. the actual cost of past production orders and corrects routing times and Bill of Materials to reflect data accurately.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
BS degree in engineering or equivalent experience. Not less than three years experience in the electronics and/or electro mechanical field, preferably in contract manufacturing. Word processing and spreadsheets skills. Complete understanding of drawings, parts lists, specification and engineering change notices.
Read, write and understand English. Attention to detail. Able to drive to and visit customers. Able to travel by air. Basic math skills. Able to use keyboard and video display terminal.
Job Type: Full-time
- Burlington, MA 01803
- electronics: 3 years
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Digital Media Designer - January 20, 2018
- Webmaster & Digital Designer - January 20, 2018
- Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) - January 20, 2018