Position: Entry Level Systems Engineer
Company: Hughes Network Systems
Location: Germantown MD US
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Systems Engineer to work at our headquarters located in Germantown, MD.
- Responsible for supporting the production and test environments specific to system setup, operating system install, configuration, troubleshooting and verification
- Install, configure and verify applications which may involve day to day system administration and applications support
- Responsible for installation, configuration, deployment, testing and verification of deployed software and support aspects with other team members
- Responsible for upgrading and patching operating systems, COTS and deploying future application software and COTS releases to include upgrades per the deployment schedule
** This position requires on-call pager support with off-hour and weekend deployments at times.
Qualification/Skills (Know of the Job)
- Bachelors degree in CS, EE IS, or relatable technical field
- Knowledge of database administration in Oracle
- Knowledge of networking technologies – LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, IPV4, IPV6, switching, routing
- Familiarity with UNIX and/or Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of various programming languages, unix shell scripting and ability to review source code
- Understanding of Linux (Redhat) and Microsoft Windows with respect to systems/server design, management, configuration and performance including knowledge of server security, authentication and server hardening
- Knowledge of Microsoft active directory, RSA, LDAP technologies a plus
- Knowledge of UNIX shell, Perl or similar scripting languages and knowledge of writing programs to automate manual tasks a plus
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare, virtual load balancers, web server SSL configuration
- Understanding of disaster recovery and high availability technologies, SAN & NAS storage technologies a plus
- Familiarity with backup, archival and restore technologies – Veritas Netbackup
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
At EchoStar we know the excitement of new endeavors. We pride ourselves in not just our engineering expertise, but as pioneers forging technological change to improve the lives of our customers. We are Connecting the World in new and exciting ways, and offer you the opportunity to learn more about how EchoStar family of companies could be the right destination for you!
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Webmaster & Digital Designer - January 20, 2018
- Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) - January 20, 2018
- Content Production Manager - January 20, 2018