Position: Field Quality Engineer
Location: Charleston SC US
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AG’s many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner – with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is “Vans. Born to Run.” We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Develops and implements independently testing procedures to identify new quality issues or unjustified warranty claims. Negotiates vendor recovery compensation with suppliers. Manages and qualifies Mercedes-Benz and Pinnacle technicians to fulfill all testing requirements by the QEC to analyze field parts. Assures that all test equipment is fully operational. = > for Jacksonville, FL
- Identification of new quality issues or unjustified warranty claims by analyzing field parts. Exercises judgement in the evaluation, selection, and adaption of both standard and complex techniques and procedures.
- Develops and implements new testing procedures and testing tools. Problems are unclearly defined and sufficient information may not be available. Requires conceptional thinking to understand complex issues and their implications.
- Negotiate independently acceptance rates and vendor compensation with suppliers.
- Trains and supervises MB and Pinnacle technicians responsible for parts testing by familiarizing them with testing procedures and processes. Assess unu8sual circumstances, suggests variations in approaches, and incomplete or conflicting data.
- Interacts with MB Van, MBC and MBUSA engineers, generates reports about test results.
- Identifies process weaknesses of existing processes and find optimizations for them. Develops recommendations and variations for problem solving measures.
- Installation and maintenance of existing and new testing equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer/Information Science, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience. Preferably in the areas of automotive and/or business.
- 3+ years of expertise in technical work at dealerships or at MBUSA Broad expertise in automotive repair procedures, focus MB cars.
- Proficient Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, including adult learning theory, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Proficient Knowledge of parts and accessories businesses, marketing strategies and other business practices.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of accounting standards, statistical analysis, precision measurement, and process capability.
- Knowledge of Agency/Vendor management and budget management.
- Certifications Required – Certified Master Technician (ASE) and Certified Quality Analyst (CQA)
- Possess strong analytical and project management skills.
- German and/or Spanish language skills considered a plus
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is part of the division Mercedes-Benz Vans of Daimler AG, Germany. It is a plant in South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner, with headquarters in Charleston, SC. The midsize Metris van was added to the assembly line in 2015.
Mercedes-Benz Vans announced in March 2015 that it will invest $500 million in construction of a new Sprinter production plant, in addition to an expansion of existing assembly operations. The new facility will be also located in Charleston, and will provide up to 1,300 jobs.
More than 112,000 Sprinters have been assembled in Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- PROFESSIONAL OFFICE ASSISTANT - June 21, 2017
- Market Research/Financial Content Internship (work remotely and no calls!) - June 21, 2017
- Professional Color Advisor - June 21, 2017