Position: Freelance / Instructional Design / Production Designer
Company: Professional Career Development Institute
Location: New York NY US
We are seeking a highly creative, dedicated, and enthusiastic graphic artist, interested in working freelance as a production level Graphic designer for online instructional materials at a progressive online education company. 1-2 years experience in Graphic design a plus, but not a requirement. Must have a 2-year degree in Graphic Design or equivalent. Projects will include production design for online materials supervised by our Lead Curriculum Designer. This project scope will extend from immediate start to February with the potential for ongoing work.
A qualified candidate must be proficient in design for web and willing to learn how to work within a content management system for online course design.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Lightroom
- 2-year Degree in Graphic Design
- Must be able to work 5 days a week in our office
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid time management skills, self-starter, organized, methodical
- Ability to understand and follow strict grid, text, and image style guidelines
- Advanced ability to problem solve print production and graphic design issues independently
- Ability to curate, select, and edit images for web publication.
- Knowledge of WYSIWYG editing platforms
Immediate projects available to work on in early January.
Send resume, portfolio link, and availability via email. Please list the position you are applying for in subject line of your email.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Graphic Design: 1 year