Position: Graphic Designer (Part-time)
Company: Riverfront Times
Location: St. Louis MO US
Do you color outside the lines? Would you consider yourself an “out-of-the-box” individual? Are you looking for a place where you can leverage your artistic talent? Look no more and consider joining our team!
Riverfront Times is growing and is looking for a Graphic Designer who will create graphics using a variety of mediums to meet the promotional and print needs for the publication keeping in mind the publication’s tone and style. A successful Graphic Designer will create images that inspire and captivate customers, is highly creative, and is able to work independently and collaboratively with other staff members.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This role entails the following expectations, but is not limited to:
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- Work with Sales team and develop ad concepts for advertisers
- Utilize design software to assemble text, photographs, and other content in an aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-read arrangement
- Work with Editorial Staff, and Sales to ensure graphics are designed to meet objectives of reaching targeted audience
SKILLS The skills/behaviors required to be successful in this role are:
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external contacts
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Moderate proficiency with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Creative ability in graphic design
- Familiar with newspaper and layout design principle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Graphic Design, or Graphic Communication
- An Associate’s or Certificate from a program strictly focused on layout and graphic design is acceptable
- 1-2 years graphic design experience
The perks of working Riverfront Times (in addition to getting a great paycheck)?
- a fun, collaborative, and collegial place to work
- casual to business casual dress – we don’t like to wear stuffy suits
- Paid Time Off – including your birthday and volunteering
- Subsidized health insurance and company paid life insurance, 401K with match
- Group dental and vision insurance
- Pet-friendly – we love our furry 4-legged buddies
- and much, much, more
When applying, please submit a cover letter indicating salary requirements and at least 3 samples or a link to a portfolio. This position is based in St. Louis.
Riverfront Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- St. Louis, MO
- Graphic Design: 2 years
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Video Production Intern - December 16, 2017
- Collaborative Technology and Event Production Specialist - December 16, 2017
- Video Project Manager - December 16, 2017