HARMAN’s Vanessa Mering honored with 2018 She Rocks Award; JBL Intonato 24 and AKG C636 win NAMM TEC Awards; JBL Professional recognized for Sound Reinforcement Line of the Year
HARMAN Professional Solutions, the global leader in audio, video, lighting and control systems, including networked AV, today announced that it earned the following awards at the 2018 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California:
- Vanessa Mering, Marketing Manager at HARMAN Professional, received the 2018 She Rocks Award from The Women’s International Music Network. The award recognizes Mering’s leadership and contributions to the music industry.
- The JBL Intonato 24 monitor management tuning system received the 2018 NAMM TEC Award in the category of Amplification Hardware/Studio & Sound Reinforcement.
- The AKG C636 master reference condenser microphone received the 2018 NAMM TEC Award in the category of Microphones – Sound Reinforcement.
- The JBL EON ONE PRO rechargeable all-in-one portable PA received the Music & Sound Award for Best Speaker of 2017 from The Music & Sound Retailer.
- JBL Professional received the 2017 Dealer’s Choice Award for Sound Reinforcement Line of the Year from Musical Merchandise Review.
- Soundcraft, JBL and dbx solutions received 2018 ProSoundWeb & Live Sound International Readers’ Choice Product Awards, including:
– Soundcraft Vi1000 for the Mixing Control Surface category
– JBL VTX A12 for the Large Format Line Arrays category
– dbx DriveRack PA2 for the Signal Processors category
“I’m so grateful to the Women’s International Music Network for this award, as well as to HARMAN for the support and opportunities,” said Vanessa Mering, Marketing Manager, HARMAN Professional Solutions. “It’s an honor to lead the Women’s Network on our campus, and bring everyone together to expand opportunities for women. I’m so proud to be part of a company that elevates different perspectives, and love working in an industry that empowers people to be creative and make their voices heard.”
“HARMAN Professional is extremely honored to receive a NAMM TEC Award for the JBL Intonato 24,” said Peter Chaikin, Director, Recording Solutions, HARMAN Professional Solutions. “So many incredible people were involved in the success of the product including HARMAN Director of Technology Jim Pennock and HARMAN Solutions Manager Ted White, who were on the front line of development and played a vital part in launching not only the JBL Intonato 24, but also the JBL 7 Series master reference monitors.”
His agencies’ services, for over two decades, have helped garner early stage and growth companies significant brand exposure, resulting in either acquisition or IPO, with a total valuation of over $1.75 Billion.
Mr. Chan is a serial entrepreneur, philanthropist, author and angel investor. He played key executive roles early on in helping to usher in both digital audio and digital video technologies for the recording, broadcast and post production industries. His expansive background spans over three decades in ever increasing executive roles in operations, business development, engineering and sales/marketing in the information technology, media & entertainment, storage and networking, and other related high technology industries. He is an active mentor and senior advisor to many established and start-up companies, a market/technology analyst, and has over two decades of experience in brand development, management consulting / company turnarounds, creative advertising and public relations.
A graduate of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Mr. Chan is celebrating his 10th year as a board member of the Fullerton College Foundation, 16th year as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence and mentor for the Small Business Institute at California State University Fullerton and incubators. Additionally, he is a volunteer member of DECA (Delta Epsilon Chi and Distributive Education Clubs of America); an advisor to the College of Engineering's Global Waste Research Institute, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo and a member of the President’s Green and Gold Society. Passionate about hospice care, he was the past Board President for the Healing Hearts Association; and is a regularly featured speaker at many MBA and Doctorate level lectures around the country. He has presented and published over 30 papers worldwide, is a book co-author, an editorial board member for the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, Senior Editor for Broadcast Beat Magazine, past Senior Editor for Computer Technology Review, and is a regularly featured Contributing Editor to many US and international trade publications for over 30 years.
View Cognitive Impact services at www.cognitiveimpact.com. Curtis can be reached at email@example.com; Office: (714) 447-4993 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Curtis Chan (see all)
- HARMAN Professional Solutions Earns Prestigious Awards at 2018 NAMM Show - January 29, 2018
- EditShare Heads to BVE 2018 with Award-Winning Storage Products and Media Workflow Solutions - January 25, 2018
- The Audio Engineering Society debuts The AES Inside Track Monthly Online Publication Highlighting Topics of Importance to the Professional Audio Community - January 23, 2018