Position: Industrial Design Intern, Summer 2018
Location: Mountain View CA US
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage projects as well as work with the multidisciplinary team to meet design goals.
- Express ideas and concepts through strong visual/verbal communication skills.
- Communicate and present through sketches, prototypes/models and 2D/3D renderings with strong attention to detail.
- Be responsible for ideation as well as proper implementation of ideas.
- Manage multiple projects at very different levels of involvement.
- Currently enrolled in a full time BA/BS or MS degree program in Industrial Design or related field, and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- A fresh, original portfolio of diverse creative work (please include link to portfolio on your resume).
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Understanding of global trends, technology and fashion.
- Ability to support design teams and process at all levels.
- Advanced 3D Visualization skills via Alias, SolidWorks, Rhino, ProE, etc.
- Inspiring 2D skills via sketching, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Strong storytelling skills and techniques.
- A self-managing, motivated and entrepreneurial nature.