Location: Seattle WA US
We are currently looking for an Intern with recent exposure with multi-family and/or high-rise projects . As our reputation grows, so does our need for skilled and passionate industry leaders who thrive on collaboration and believe deeply in the ability of design to elevate the human experience.
At GGLO, we believe it’s both the opportunity and responsibility of design to play a lead role in creating and sustaining community – to design places where our clients’ clients prosper. To that end, our approach is focused on improving the relationship between people and place. Our Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects and Urban Designers work across scales and project types to create holistic neighborhoods, blocks, buildings, and public places
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of the phases of the design process and construction
- Limited knowledge of materials and detailing
- Limited knowledge of code and regulations governing the industry
- Limited knowledge of the parts and purpose of contracts, drafted documents and specifications
- Awareness of GGLO Project Management Manual
- Limited understanding of scope of tasks in relation to fee
- Understanding of GGLO quality assurance process and procedures
- Awareness of the process to complete ARE and to become a registered architect
Skill Sets Required
- Knowledge of computer software, including SketchUp, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Knowledge of Revit, GIS, Rhino, Grasshopper and 3DS is appreciated
- Working knowledge and experience with the metric system
- Ability to build models from a variety of media and to color documents and photograph projects
- Ability to hand draft and draw freehand
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required, Master’s in Architecture appreciated
Who are we looking for? We are looking for individuals with 0-3 years of experience that includes exposure multi-family and/or high-rise, and wood-frame. This person will be passionate about the work and committed to an integrated design process.
What does this mean for your career? Our employees are a talented mix of individuals who embody every aspect of an integrated practice, who are catalysts for community through an integrated, research based approach with sustainable design competency as a prerequisite. This means you will have the opportunity to align your long term career goals with a variety of projects and clients while working with teams from multiple markets.
O_ _ur salary range for this role is DOE and we offer an excellent benefit’s package ! We offer the opportunity to join one of Seattle Business Magazines 100 Best Employers to Work For, activities such as our Thursday Crit’s, Emerging professionals, and weekly lunch ‘n’ learns. Other benefits include formal and informal mentorship, ORCA pass, bike parking and bike use, casual dress code, central downtown location, employee development programs including paid training, licensure reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching, and more.
Send your resume and condensed portfolio (5MB or less) today and a brief paragraph of the requirements you fit. Be sure to include your salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time