Position: Jr. Visual Designer – Agency
Location: Mountain View CA US
IS THIS YOU?
You’re a newbie to Visual design, but have a strong aesthetic and desire to grow as a graphic designer. Photoshop tricks and techniques excite you – and you have a few of your own to share. Learning about new industries, brands and design trends gets your adrenaline pumping. And you aim to work in a team that’s as excited about creating ads and cutting edge design as you are.
We are looking for passionate people to be part of our ever-growing design squad! This position is a 3 month internship – with potential to grow into a Jr. Designer role.
Frequence is an advertising technology company that builds and delivers comprehensive digital advertising campaigns. Our programmatic marketing platform enables large organizations to effectively and efficiently sell a range of digital products at scale.
Our office culture has the classic Silicon Valley start-up vibe (free lunches, flip flops, dog friendly office, new ideas everywhere, work hard/play hard, etc…)
Display advertising (aka banner, mobile, & video advertising) is the most viewed medium in advertising today. We spend more hours exposed to online display advertising than TV commercials, radio ads, and print ads combined.
The design community has lagged behind trends in media consumption when it comes to display advertising. There are no design school text books on banner design even though it is now the dominant advertising medium of our generation.
Our goal has been to tackle this industry problem-tunity head on. We are seeking future creative leaders to join us in shaping standards of this industry.
- Work with senior designers to create stunning original graphics for our clients.
- Assist with ad production.
- Concept, storyboard, polish, revise and deliver.
- Strong grasp of Photoshop (artboards, smart objects, non-destructive editing). Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Resourcefulness – and willingness to think outside the box to deliver outstanding work.
- A unique aesthetic put forth in a solid design portfolio.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and continue career growth.
“NICE TO HAVES”
- Experience with motion graphics, like After Effects, Flash or (even better) HTML5 Animation
- Skill with Illustration or iconography
- UX/UI experience
- High Enthusiasm
- Salary Based on Experience
- Daily catered free lunches & snacks
- Close to downtown Mountain View Caltrain