Position: Junior 2D Artist
Company: Pixelberry Studios
Location: Mountain View CA US
Choices’ interactive novels include a variety of genres such as romance, sci-fi, fantasy, horror/mystery in styles from illustrated realism, cartoon to anime. You will be assisting the art team in the rendering and post-rendering process with in-game assets. Additionally, you will be involved in other creative disciplines such as FX animations and promotional art.
- Proficient in Photoshop as a painter and image manipulator
- Trained in fundamental character animation skills
- Proficient in Illustrator, creating vector art assets
- Able to provide solid art assets while meeting strict deadlines
- An enthusiastic and flexible team player who can multitask and is willing to learn and improve
- Good communication skills are a must
- Highly organized
- Competent in multiple art styles such as illustrated realism, anime, cartoon, etc.
- Knowledge of fashion and how to create stylish and attractive outfits
- A cover letter indicating why you’re interested in the position
- A current resume highlighting relevant and educational experience
- Your portfolio: Only digital formats such as a website, blog or online album are accepted. Physical media will not be considered
- An art test might be required if the work presented doesn’t adequately demonstrate a similar style to Choices
Submit materials to Howard
Candidates without all the above materials will not be considered
Pixelberry is a studio in Mountain View, CA dedicated to creating games with heart. Many members of our team have worked together in the mobile space for over a decade. We’re 5 for 5 in developing Top 100 games that blend addictive design with compelling narrative gameplay.
Through our Top 10 title High School Story, we’ve partnered with leading nonprofits to tackle teen issues like cyberbullying and eating disorders in our storylines, donating $350,000 to The Cybersmile Foundation in the process. Our current focus is Choices: Stories You Play, a digital storytelling platform that’s landed us in the Top 25.
None of this would be possible without a tight-knit team of eager, passionate, and talented minds. At Pixelberry, we do what we love, and we love what we get to do. The entire company laughs through lunch together daily, lines up for movie field trips on opening day, and plays board games late into the night. And the first time you get a thank-you message from a troubled teen player or their mother telling you that your game literally saved their life, you’ll know that you haven’t just found a job. You’ve found a purpose.
- Relaxed, open office environment
- Free food and snacks
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Board game nights, movie field trips, and murder mystery parties!
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world