Position: Junior Designer
Company: Prometheus Global Media
Location: New York NY US
Billboard Magazine is looking for a Junior Designer!
We’re on the search for a graphic designer to help elevate our visual style and to enhance the brand. Reporting into our Creative Director you’ll be using your design chops to help create layouts that are innovative, creative and dynamic in a fast-paced environment. You will also be working with our web team to create visuals for our rapidly growing digital presence. We are looking for someone who is energetic, collaborative, eager to learn and full of ideas to join our already awesome team.
Who will love this job:
- A collaborator: You love bouncing ideas off of the team. You will be working closely with editors and photo editors to create a finished product that the team can feel great about.
- A problem solver: You ask the right questions and can quickly iterate your way to a final, well thought-out solution while keeping your editor’s needs in tact.
- A communicator: You can articulate the rationale behind each of your design decisions, while being receptive to constructive criticism.
- A multitasker: You can juggle multiple projects with ease because you are an organized, clean and fast designer.
What you’ll do:
- Design all types of FOB and BOB pages
- Commission illustrations
- Give color-correction instructions to the pre-press team
- Design visuals for our website, video and social media
You should have:
- 3+ years of editorial design experience
- Experience creating design elements/assets for web and social media
- Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with k4 a plus
- Strong communication skills
- BFA with a major in Graphic Design or the equivalent
- A geeky love of music and a positive attitude are a must!