Position: Junior Visual Designer
Location: Boston MA US
SimpliSafe is a disruptive technology start-up — it’s our mission to give our customers access to great home security without the hassle and huge expense of the traditional alarm industry. Our marketing team is made up of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to improve user experience and keep the company moving forward.
What you’ll do:
You’ll collaborate with our designers, copywriters, and developers to create beautiful web pages, print/online ads, and retail packaging. You’ll plan, analyze, and create visual solutions to communication challenges. Most of all you’ll enjoy a dynamic, rewarding work environment that will always keep you on your toes — we’re growing fast, and so will you!
What you’ll need:
- You have a great sense of color and know how to balance beauty and utility to create ads that sell.
- Ability to break down complex concepts into simple, elegant, user-centered solutions.
- Advanced command of Adobe Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. (Most of our files are created in Bohemian Sketch, so a working knowledge of it is a plus.)
- Strong illustration skills and a great deal of focus — you can spend hours tweaking a tiny icon set so that it’s just right.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills — you have the ability to negotiate and articulate the “why” of design decisions, and thick enough skin to give and take constructive criticism.
- Interest in working within a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to be self-directed, self-motivated, organized and disciplined.
**Please be sure to include a resume and portfolio (link to online portfolio preferred), and tell us what drives your passion to design.