Maintenance Technician (17-02)
About the job
Univision Sacramento KUVS is currently seeking a full time, entry level, Maintenance Technician to install and maintain broadcast studio equipment. Primary job responsibilities include troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and documenting Master Control, Production Control, and News editing broadcast systems. Additional responsibilities include providing Master Control operation, and Tier 1 technical support for News Department systems during evening and weekend newscasts.
Education: Degree or certification in Electronics or Computer Science or equivalent job experience.
Equivalent job experience is 4 years or more full time employment directly related to 3 or more categories listed below under Experience.
CCNA, MCSE, CompTIA, or equivalent certifications a plus
Experience: Experience with the following is a plus:
• Imagine ADC automation, Avid Interplay, Evertz Master Control and Routing
• Operational knowledge of a typical TV station with local news
• HD-SDI, ASI, H.264, and MPEG2/MPEG4 Video Encoders/Decoder
• IP networking fundamentals
• Electronic component level troubleshooting
• Read and write legibly, calculate time accurately, and perform basic mathematics
• Work under pressure with deadlines and communicate well with others
• Lift 50 lbs., work on ladders, stoop, and crawl
• Work any shift, including weekends and holidays
Valid CA driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
Language Skills: Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Physical Requirements: Ability to drive, stand, walk and sit for up to 8 hours.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Paid Internship – Flex Hours – E Commerce Tea Subscription Company - November 22, 2017
- TV STUDIO ENGINEER - November 20, 2017
- Manager, Digital Content Production - November 20, 2017