Position: Manager, Audio / Visual – Universal Creative
Company: Universal Orlando Resort
Location: Orlando FL US
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts™, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal™. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide – Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by today’s realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors don’t know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the design and development of the audio, video and projection systems for large multi-faceted theme park attractions and area development site/sound.
- Establishes quantitative requirements and specifications based on interpreting creative intent for audio and video systems.
- Produces scopes of work and manages progress from design through installation.
- Reviews designs and documentation from vendors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and specifications.
- Organizes, leads and participates in multi-system control specifications.
- Leads production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance, and schedule accuracy.
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands.
- Supervises installation, test and adjustment of A/V systems to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Oversees contractor’s mock-up or prototype efforts to ensure results reflect the final installed system.
QUALIFICATIONS: State of the art knowledge of audio/video and film projection technologies and software is required. Knowledge of controls systems and AutoCAD systems is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering or a related field is required.
- Master’s degree in: Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- 0-1 Year: Previous experience with turnkey projects, specifically within the entertainment/theme park industry is preferred.
- 3-5 Years: Relevant project management experience is required.
- 5-7 Years: Relevant combined audio/video design and development experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – Multicultural Development - October 19, 2017
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – NASCAR Foundation - October 19, 2017
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – Broadcasting - October 19, 2017