Position: Manager, Internet Creative – Pottery Barn
Company: Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Location: San Francisco CA US
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.
Manage the creative look and feel of Pottery Barn eCommerce site, including content on 3rd-party sites and outgoing email initiatives. Manage an internal staff to design and collect imagery and copy for site updates/upgrades within allotted schedule and budget. Manage/interface with external project management and website agency teams.
- Manage creative process including creative concept phase; site updates and enhancements; asset creation and population. Ensure websites and emails and ecommerce targeted marketing maintain and enhance and overall brand aesthetic.
- Manage creative internet staff to ensure quality is upheld.
- Manage project scope to ensure realistic goals for schedules and content.
- Manage creative budgets for each phase of website expansion.
- Provide direction to freelance creative teams for photography and writing content.
- Help coordinate and strategize content for sites with internet merchants.
- Help coordinate and strategize growth of internet with catalog and retail teams.
- Research additional freelance and potential internal candidates for future internet growth. * Three years of relevant experience — ideally in a retail or ecommerce environment with a lifestyle-oriented brand
- 5-7 years experience in a production environment managing projects.
- 2-4 years management experience.
- Internet experience required
- Strong graphic design, layout, typography, image manipulation, and color correction skills
- Familiar with internet creation tools, specifically Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Art, photography, and writing experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-direct under ambiguous and changing circumstances
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Arts, or English required.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Clerk Typist 2 Department for Disability Access & Advising - April 25, 2018
- Videography Intern - April 25, 2018
- Digital Print Production / Designer - April 25, 2018