Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Highmark Smart Reliable Seating, Inc.
Location: Huntington Beach CA US
This position is responsible for developing, verifying, documenting and improving manufacturing processes in a fast paced, customer focused, manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, reviews, and updates process documentation for both new and on-going manufacturing processes to ensure efficiency and clarity of instructions in support of manufacturing objectives
- Provides accessible technical leadership, mentoring and guidance to manufacturing personnel.
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities through the use of Kaizen and other Lean concepts.
- Conducts Motion & Time Studies and provides Routine Maintenance to processes as needed.
- Work with and facilitate alignment between engineering, product development, manufacturing
- Cost savings activities – including executing value added/value engineered and profit retention projects, decreasing downtime via engineering improvements, developing manning reduction plans and scrap reduction.
- Maintain, improve and develop essential line documents (routers, work instructions, other documentation) to support processes.
- Ensure all new, revised and existing equipment is following safety and environmental requirements.
- Provides appropriate responses to continuous improvement suggestions from production management and personnel
- Performs data analysis; utilizing LEAN/Six Sigma methodology
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Direct technical interface with suppliers of materials, manufacturing equipment, special processes and services.
- Create & revise manufacturing 2D & 3D drawings for all components and equipment.
- Insure business system accuracy for product BOMs, Routings, and Standards.
- Maintain key performance indicators and report monthly.
- Responsible for understanding and following current company policies and procedures and policies.
- Establish and promote a work environment amongst co-workers that is focused on the customer, builds team, and supports company policies.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Solid Works, Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with all functions and levels within the organization. Proven ability to work and lead in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface with suppliers, stakeholders, customers and internal team members
- Must be analytical in thought, able to multi-task, and able to problem solve complex tasks.
- Ability to read Prints / Drawings. Knowledge of Bills of Materials and Routings.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Assist other departments as required and perform any function that may be required to achieve customer acceptance and satisfaction.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing Engineering: 4 years
- Huntington Beach, CA 92649