Position: Media Streaming Engineer
Location: Newport Beach CA US
As a media streaming engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to media systems design, analyzing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media playback. You will work closely with strategic partners and app developers to help in the adoption and debugging of our streaming technologies on our platforms. This individual should have development experience at multiple layers of the OS network stack and have experience building network delivery systems for media content.
- 4+ years relevant software development experience
- Experience with video streaming protocols such as (RTP/RTSP/RTCP, HTTP (HLS, HDS, MPEG-Dash), RTMP, IGMP) and techniques (dynamic bit-rate adjustment, encryption and forward error correction).
- Experience in developing audio/video streaming servers
- Deep working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc
- Solid understanding of HTTP
- Solid development history with one or more media frameworks, such as FFmpeg/libav, Quicktime, DirectShow, libx264
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, including excellent multithreaded programming skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools
- Ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles
- Strong understanding of key app development and media playback frameworks
- Substantial experience delivering production-quality code
- Working knowledge of encoding standards
- Experience working with a variety of media formats, both video and audio
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Background in developing scalable real time systems
DIRECT CANDIDATES ONLY! PLEASE NO AGENCIES OR EXTERNAL RECRUITERS!
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Webmaster & Digital Designer - January 20, 2018
- Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) - January 20, 2018
- Content Production Manager - January 20, 2018