The #NABShow 2017 has been packed with manufacturer news releases and product updates. Blackmagic Design has some significant news that needs to be shared, thus making them our Manufacturer Spotlight for the day!
The release of the much anticipated DaVinci Resolve 14 is making waves throughout the post production world. The new features include a boost in performance by 10 times that of the previous version of DaVinci Resolve! The brand new audio post production suite has DaVinci Resolve 14 rocking with Fairlight and provides for multi-user collaboration tools that provide for edit, color and mix audio from multiple systems for the same project at the same time! Blackmagic Design is offing DaVinci Resolve 14 as a public beta (for all current DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Studio customers) so you can try it for free! Click Here (for your version): www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
“The overwhelming success of DaVinci Resolve has been incredibly exciting. It has become the world’s fastest growing editing system and now we’re taking it to the next level with DaVinci Resolve 14,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “With this new version, we didn’t want to do an incremental update. We wanted to make a large leap forward and break new ground. It’s also much more exciting for the whole engineering team here at Blackmagic Design! We are really excited about how quickly editors are switching and we hope that a new generation of audio engineers will enter the industry. Together, we can all work to continue making it the best editing, color correction and now audio software in the world!”
The announcement of the New ATEM Television Studio Pro HD which features 8 inputs, multi-viewer, AUX and Program outputs, analog audio inputs, talk-back built-in, two flash media players, DVE, and so much more is designed specifically for the television and AV professional! The ATEM Television Studio Pro HD is compatible with all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60, plus added bonus you can mix and match your incoming camera signals whether it be SDI, HDMI, even direct inputs from your CPU or video game console!
- Integrated broadcast switcher and professional hardware control panel.
- 4 x 3G-SDI and 4 x HDMI inputs for a total of 8 inputs, all with auto re‑sync.
- Supports all video formats from SD to 720p, 1080i and 1080p HD up to 60fps.
- 1 x built in multi view for 8 sources, as well as preview and program.
- Built in media pool graphics storage for 20 RGBA stills.
- Built in DVE with borders and drop shadow.
- Transitions include cut, mix, dip, SMPTE wipes and more.
- 1 upstream keyer including chroma keyer plus 2 downstream keyers.
- 1 auxiliary output with aux switching buttons and LCD screen for viewing.
- Built in audio mixer live mixes embedded audio from all video inputs and independent audio inputs.
- Balanced XLR stereo analog audio inputs.
- Internal sources include black, color bars, two color generators and 2 media player outputs.
- Ethernet connection for computer connection. Mac and Windows control panel software included.
- Compatible with all ATEM Broadcast Control Panels.
- Black Burst and HD-Tri-Sync genlock input for integration into large systems.
The new open protocol Remote Bluetooth Camera Control for the URSA MiniPro camera has current and soon to be consumers buzzing! Now users can fully operate all the internal camera applications with a touch of a button on with their iPads, mobiles, and laptops. It will allow users to be in full control up to 30feet away. The app will allow for the creation of digital slate, scene, shot take information and users can build custom camera controls and design solutions all with the greatest of ease!
“URSA Mini Pro has been received extremely well by our customers,” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO. “Customers love the broadcast features and controls, the built in ND filters and interchangeable lens mount. Now, the possibilities are truly endless because customers are going to have the tools they need to build completely custom remote control solutions of their own design using the new Bluetooth support!”
The protocol is being demonstrated at #NABShow 2017, with the API and sample code to be ready for release to customers free of charge in June 2017.
The announcement of Blackmagic Duplicator 4K NOW with H.264 will allow customers to record in realtime H.264 encoding staight to the 4K Duplicator. The 1.1 update is available now for free download! The Blackmagic Duplicator 4K can dramatically increase live event production sales revenue in the areas of quick and easy production duplication.
“Blackmagic Duplicator 4K makes it possible to distribute content at live events the moment they finish,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “The addition of H.264 is exciting because it makes Blackmagic Duplicator 4K compatible with even more playback devices than ever. This gives customers a larger audience for distributing and selling their content!”
- 25 SD card recorders for simultaneously recording onto multiple cards at once.
- Realtime H.264 or H.265 encoding technology which is the standard for Ultra HD.
- 12G-SDI input and loop thru output, along with RS-422 control.
- Uses open standard file formats that are compatible with computers and Ultra HD televisions.
- Records all SD, HD and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60.
- Record unlimited cards by daisy chaining multiple duplicators together.
- Easy to use front panel controls with lock, record, append, stop and remote buttons.
- Built in universal 110V – 240V AC power supply.
About Blackmagic Design:
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 22-27, 2017 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest convention encompassing The M.E.T. Effect, the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. With 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.
Broadcast Beat is the Official Broadcaster of the 2017 NAB Show in Las Vegas and the Producer of NAB Show LIVE. In 2016, NAB Show LIVE received over 1.3 million online viewers and during the 2017 NAB Show, we are expected to exceed 1.5 million viewers.
Matt and his family currently reside in the Washington, D.C metro area.
Latest posts by Matt Harchick (see all)
- #NABShow 2017: Manufacturer Spotlight: Radiant Images Impresses! - May 15, 2017
- #NABShow 2017: Announcement Recap: For UHD Video Processing LYNX Picks Semtech! - May 2, 2017
- #NABShow 2017: Announcement Recap: Imagine Communications and MSG Network Plan on Next-Gen Production Center! - April 28, 2017