The British LED lighting manufacturer, Rotolight, Booth C8843 (RTS Inc), has launch the first ever LED lighting innovation that is geared for professionals on the move! Whether you are a photographer or a videographer, the AEOS will be your lighting tool of choice. This “ultra thin” design of the AEOS is weighing in at under 1.5kg and is 1 cm thick, and packs a 5,750lux at 3 feet! The AEOS is designed to run for three hours at 100% power on a single 95W battery- no current model on the market can compare to the AEOS power efficiency.
“The one thing that we’ve always understood is that photographers, videographers and filmmakers all work with light in so many different ways. However, they’re often hindered by the size, weight or maneuverability of the light. We’ve developed the AEOS as a result of clear feedback from our customers that they wanted something powerful, but highly portable. The ease of use with AEOS allows photographers to be more creative and spend more time composing their perfect shot, rather than spending time on cumbersome lighting setups,” says Rod Gammons, Chairman of Rotolight.
The AEOS has all the features (and then some) which makes this fixture unique. The AEOS does not use a traditional yoke. Instead it includes a professional level ball that provides for 360 degree rotation and 200 degrees of tilt when mounted to a standard lighting stand. The ball head is made from solid aluminum which supports the AEOS with battery and barn doors mounted, from any angle and/or position! The AEOS comes standard with a full set of filters, two diffusion filters, a cosmetic peach skin tone diffusion to ‘warm’ the subject, and a magenta filter, as well as AC/DC power supply and ball head.
AEOS is also packed full of Rotolight’s signature industry-first, patented features including:
- CineSFX™ provides a suite of cinematic lighting effects, such as lightning, fire and TV flicker
- True Aperture Dimming™ calculates and displays F-stop for a subject at a given distance
- Designer Fade™ provides custom fade up/down production effects
- High Speed Sync Flash (HSS) provides a powerful HSS flash with zero recycle time at 200% of the maximum continuous light output for traditional photographic workflows. This feature eliminates the need for users to buy a strobe, as it provides an all-in-one solution.
- AccuColour™ LED phosphor technology ensures the AEOS delivers exceptional colour rendering (CRI:96+) and scores in the highest category on the independently-tested Television Lighting Consistency Index (TLCI)
“The AEOS is exactly the light that filmmakers and gaffers have been crying out for. Integrating the handles into the actual light just adds that dimension of flexibility to it and allows users to move and manipulate the light quickly and easily in order to get that perfect shot. I can see filmmakers and photographers alike getting great use out of this new light,” says Stefan Lange, visual FX veteran known for films such as Batman, James Bond ‘Spectre’ and Tomb Raider.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 22-27, 2017 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest electronic media show covering the creation, management and delivery of content across all platforms. With 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.
Broadcast Beat is the Official Broadcaster of the 2017 NAB Show in Las Vegas and the Producer of NAB Show LIVE. In 2016, NAB Show LIVE received over 1.3 million online viewers and during the 2017 NAB Show, we are expected to exceed 1.5 million viewers.
Matt and his family currently reside in the Washington, D.C metro area.
Latest posts by Matt Harchick (see all)
- Metaliquid Is Making AI Video Analysis Reality - July 10, 2018
- The 54th SBE National Meeting Oct 2-3 in Danvers, MA - July 9, 2018
- Product Spotlight: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K - July 6, 2018