courtesy of Bridgid Harchick
The RODE AI-1 Studio Kit is the perfect tool of the trade for vloggers and podcasters. The rugged aluminum body class compliant AI-1 requires no drivers, and features a USB-C connector that provides interface to your computer with power. The interface features a single, combo XLR-1/4″ input with phantom power, two balanced 1/4″ monitor outputs, and a single, discrete, studio-quality headphone output and level control. The headphone output offers discrete studio-quality featuring a best in class headphone amplifier making your audio clear as crystal with zero latency in monitor mode.
Included in the kit is the very impressive RODE NT1 cardioid condenser microphone designed with a large-diaphragm featuring the RODE HF6. The increabliy smooth high range and warmth of the bass frequency provides the ultimate in professional audio recording. Also in clouded is the RODE SMR the large diaphragm shock mount with base nut included and is suitable for all compatible RODE microphones.
Key Product Features:
- Desktop USB audio interface with low-noise Class-A discrete preamplifier
- Sampling rate of up to 96kHz/24-bit
- One combo XLR-1/4″ combo input
- Two balanced 1/4″ monitor outputs
- One discrete, studio-quality headphone output
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Zero-latency monitor mode
- USB bus powered
- USB Type-C connector for future proof operation
- Rugged body with Satin Black Finish
- Class compliant—no drivers required
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
- Includes USB cable
Also, completing the package is a free version of Ableton Live 9 Lite. The interface gives you the ability to select instruments and effects with the workflow of Live. If your in the industry and haven’t tried Ableton Live Lite it can be the perfect match to your studio workflow.
Welcome to RØDE Microphones – a uniquely Australian owned and operated audio company. Our home is in beautiful Sydney, just 20km west of Sydney’s downtown area and right near the home of the Sydney 2000 Olympics. Comprising three warehouses with a total footprint of over 110,000 square feet, the RØDE state-of-the-art plant has over 60 million dollars in precision machinery and an international team of more than 250 people across highly skilled disciplines: electrical engineering, industrial design, technical engineering, metal production, toolmaking, logistics, assembly, quality control, finance, marketing and sales. As well as our main campus in Sydney, we have offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Seoul; the Tokyo office is due to release later in 2017. Our extensive distributor and 4000-strong dealer network ensures RØDE Microphones are sold in 113 countries – and growing – making RØDE a truly global company. 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the parent company Freedman Electronics’ formation, a remarkable milestone in modern business.
Matt and his family currently reside in the Washington, D.C metro area.
Latest posts by Matt Harchick (see all)
- What’s New at the 2018 NAB Show: Part Three - March 18, 2018
- Avid Connect 2018: Power Session: The Cloud Revolution: Taking Media Operations to New Heights by AVID - March 17, 2018
- What’s New at the 2018 NAB Show: Part Two - March 17, 2018