Position: Network Engineer
Company: Webilent Technologies, Inc.
Location: Houston TX US
MUST HAVE RIVERBED AND F5 EXPERIENCE!!
The role of the Network Engineer is to ensure the stability, performance and security of the data, voice and video infrastructure that support the core organizational functions As a member of the Enterprise Network team, the Network Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefits of IT investments.
* Monitor network utilization, capacity and quality.
* Manage and work on helpdesk tickets. Provides quality customer service to all staff and business partners.
* Troubleshoot issues remotely; work directly with end users when troubleshooting.
* Manage physical network connectivity in a global network environment.
* Detect, diagnose and resolve network problems using methods that minimally impact the production environment.
* Maintain current IOS versions.
* Maintain Riverbed environment.
* Maintain network security controls and compliance on all network hardware.
* On call after hours is necessary for problem resolution, and project management/installations.
* Strong knowledge of troubleshooting methodologies as they apply to resolving technical network problems.
* Must have working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, IP addressing, subnets and routing
* Good understanding of networking concepts.
* Good understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols.
* Experience with Cisco router and switches.
* Experience with Riverbed.
* Experience with F5 considered a plus.
* Good organizational and personal communication skills.
* CCNP or equivalent knowledge of Cisco devices preferred.
CCNA (Must Have), CCIE, Etc.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $60.00 to $65.00 /hour
- Houston, TX
- Cisco Network: 5 years
Required license or certification:
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Digital Media Designer - January 20, 2018
- Webmaster & Digital Designer - January 20, 2018
- Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) - January 20, 2018