NewTek and Wowza Media Systems have introduced their latest MediaDS technology which will allow producers to create their own multi channel networks to stream live content to their viewers directly from their own production facility. This advanced real time media encoding technology is the perfect blending of NewTek‘s production technology and Wowza’s powerful streaming software with a 1RU footprint.
Wowza Media Systems is the recognized gold standard of streaming, with more than 19,000 customers in 170+ countries. By reducing the complexities of video and audio delivery to any device, Wowza enables organizations to expand their reach and more deeply engage their audiences, in industries ranging from education to broadcasting. Service providers, direct customers, and partners worldwide trust Wowza products to provide robust, customizable, and scalable streaming solutions—with powerful APIs and SDKs to meet organizations’ evolving streaming needs. Wowza was founded in 2005, is privately held, and is headquartered in Colorado.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications, to virtually any place people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses faster than ever before. Clients include: New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and more than 80% of the U.S. Fortune 100. NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas.
Dave Stubevoll, CEO of Wowza said that, “The MediaDS is a powerful end-to-end solution for content producers, and it introduces new opportunities for distribution, expansion, and content monetization. By bringing together the best of NewTek production technologies and Wowza streaming technology in a single offering, we empower content creators with the ability to scale their productions and stream to any player, device, or audience anywhere in the world.”
MediaDS provides state of the art features that will…
- Allow for seamless integration for emerging, and existing, IP, SDI as well as hybrid workflows that will also allow for perfect multiformat processing. Multiple MediaDS can be joined together to form edge or virtual CDN networks. Video production to delivering content over IP makes deployment swift and immedate and engaging.
- Additional features include built-in Wowza streaming software, NewTek’s real-time video and audio production tools and support for LAN, WAN, CDN, and Cloud-based workflows as well as 4 multi-format SDI inputs supporting up to 3G 1080p, 4 independent, simultaneous streaming channels and integrated NDI technology supporting input and output over IP.
- Supports dedicated multi viewer monitoring and you are now able to reach far beyond just your content. Each streaming channel now has its own web page for viewing which supports HTML and CSS editing and embed codes are available so to included the hosted media player to extend your brand’s viewer experience.
President and CTO for NewTek, Dr. Andrew Cross stated that, “Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for video producers to deliver content to their audience, whether that is within the walls of a building, across a campus or around the world. Our partnership with Wowza means that not only do you have a solution that can encode video, but MediaDS also allows you to distribute that content as well, either to local viewers or globally.”
Latest posts by Kevin Sawyer (see all)
- NAB Show Will Offer Special Session Taking A Look The Development Of “Games Of Thrones” - April 14, 2017
- GLOOKAST Innovation Continues To Solve The Challenges Of Today’s Broadcast And Media Productions - April 12, 2017
- Samsung Displays Screen Technology At CinemaCon That Could Make Film Projectors Obsolete - March 30, 2017