Position: Photography and Videography Intern – Full-time or Part-time Internship
Company: CliffHanger Academy
Location: New York NY US
The intern will work closely with the founder and will play a crucial role in the accomplishment of our goals to bring our pioneering message to a larger audience online. We strive to tailor internships to the needs and interests of each candidate and will provide hands-on instruction and training. We are seeking a photography and videography intern who is pursuing a career in photography, videography or the visual arts.
This is a new position, so it’s a great opportunity to not only grow but create something you love!
This internship is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in the startup space to develop the experience of launching a pioneering business. If you want to make a difference and bring a visionary idea into the world, this may be just what you’re looking for. Internships are unpaid for now; however, we will do everything we can to provide a meaningful, hands-on experience where you’ll learn the tips and hacks for launching a new business and be on the cutting edge of an industry.
The position requires a commitment of up to three days (10-15 hours) per week, working mostly remotely, with a weekly meeting. Weekly schedules and internship duration are flexible.
The internship is unpaid or for school credit.
Full-time and part-time positions are available. Successful candidates will work closely with the Founder to get the word out globally about our mission while creating innovative and cutting-edge content to help establish our brand as a global leader in Experiential Leadership Development.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Work primarily with the Founder & Social Media Team on a variety of design projects that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Film short videos for all digital channels, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and more
- Capture product and lifestyle shots on location
- Edit and publish videos to YouTube/Vimeo, social media channels and our website
- Edit and retouch images to be used across media channels
- Build highly visual and creative presentations to show our impact and work
- Organize digital assets and editing library – prepare and catalog footage to ensure the best photos and videos are readily accessible & searchable for the team
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
Candidates must be a current undergraduate (with a minimum of junior status) or graduate student, or recent graduate within 6 months of completing his or her degree. Other qualifications include:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Candidates must have extensive videography/photography experience and be able to demonstrate this through their work on websites/blogs/portfolio.
- Strong post-production skills: graphic design skills for video titles, lower-thirds, and light motion graphics are a major plus.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Final Cut X or similar video editing software
- Experience with Lightroom, Photoshop, and similar photo editing software
- Strong narrative storytelling skills
- A social do-gooder who specializes in provocative & smart design
- Ability to work in an energetic atmosphere and take direction
- Boundless energy for the occasional late nights
- Strong communications skills
- Highly organized; keen attention to detail
- Dependable, punctual and resourceful
- Experience with Salesforce is plus
- Must be willing to get tattooed on your body (Just kidding – but we do love passionate people)
Required skills include exceptional photography, videography and editing skills, up-to-date on trends and knowledgeable on how to tell a compelling story through photography and video, social media savvy, knowledge of social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and blogging, ability to work unsupervised, capacity to write on deadline, demonstrated interest in coaching, life coaching, psychology, neuroscience, action sports and personal development.
We are looking for an organized, self-starting, detail-oriented, tech-savvy passionate problem solver. In your inquiry email to me, please reference the phrase “live your best story,” so that I know you’re paying attention. Any applicants that do not, will not be considered (this is a detailed oriented position). Students or recent graduates should send a cover letter, resume, and links to their social media accounts. If these instructions are not explicitly followed, your application will be ignored.
Best of luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
- Photography & videography: 3 years
- High school
- New York, NY 10036