Position: Post-Production Assistant
Location: New York NY US
TED is looking for a Post-Production Assistant to join the Video Production Team. This position will support the team by managing and reviewing content in our post-production pipeline and will report to the Associate Producer.
Candidates should possess a high attention to detail along with an understanding of and interest in post-production.
- Reviewing TED Talk edits and communicating feedback to in-house and freelance editors.
- Working alongside editors to produce high-quality content and meet deadlines.
- Enhancing quality by suggesting ways to improve content.
- Working with Associate Producer and Post Supervisor to manage workflows and editing schedules in a fast-paced environment.
- Seeing a talk through the entire post-production process.
- Communicating and enforcing TED’s production standards.
- Occasional side projects requiring light editing.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience in post-production and an understanding of video editing.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- A basic understanding of video specifications and codecs.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro X.
- Background in project management a plus.
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses great project management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Is able to work well with others in a high-stress environment.
- Is able to give constructive feedback effectively.
- Possesses an understanding of NLEs, specifically FCPX.
- Is proficient in Mac OS X and Google Apps.
- Must have an adaptable work style that responds efficiently to quickly-evolving production constraints.
- Is interested in and passionate about TED content.
- Is a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and passionate work environment. He/she has experience working in a production environment and has a genuine excitement about being around new technologies and leading-edge content. A broad interest in the world – including science/technology, design/architecture, entertainment and the arts – is necessary.
- Finds joy in detail, efficiency, logistics, and quality, and should be comfortable working in a startup-like environment.
This is a 3-month full-time position with the possibility of extension, based in TED’s New York office. Also, we only hire extremely nice people.