Position: Post Production Engineer
Company: Final Frame
Location: New York NY US
Post production house seeks a Post Production Engineer to maintain facilities and systems. We serve the independent film and TV market with services including offline edit rooms and systems, color grading, visual effects, sound design and mixing, and deliverables. We are seeking an engineer with a broad knowledge base to deploy and support all systems for staff and clients, including some off-site edit installations.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot post production systems including Avid workstations, Premiere workstations, color grading workstations, and Pro Tools workstations for staff and clients.
- Deploy and maintain RAID storage solutions over SAN and NAS.
- Troubleshoot server side and client side issues.
- Maintain networking infrastructure.
- Research and provide feedback on the suitability of new products and workflows.
- Troubleshoot technology issues as they arise and develop sustainable solutions.
- Create organization systems and documentation to simplify future maintenance and updates of systems and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of post production environments and platforms, including Avid Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Premiere.
- Understanding of IP networking.
- Understanding of fibre fabric and zoning.
- Clear understanding of a variety of audio and video codecs, wrappers, and the formats involved in file based workflows.
- Basic knowledge of NAS/SAN technologies, RAID arrays, asset management systems, file based workflows, media acquisition, transcoding/encoding, and LTO.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
- Basic understanding of Linux Operating systems.
- Must have a positive attitude, able to work well with team members.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is comfortable dealing with a variety of end users.
- Calm under pressure and solution oriented.
- Organized and detail oriented.
Job Type: Full-time